The Journey leads teens right up to the Holy Sacrament of Confirmation. Our 10th grade year is different from all previous formation classes in that it is aimed at helping teens integrate all of their learning from the Journey’s two previous years into their daily life with their peers.
On Sunday nights, all 10th graders gather in the PLC after the 5pm Teen mass to enjoy snacks (and even dinner once a month) and to hear one of our speakers present a relevant topic. Then the teens breakout into small groups for discussions and further learning led by our CORE teen mentors and adult volunteers. The themes of weekly speakers and discussions is mandated by the sacramental prep program from the Archdiocese of Atlanta.
Confirmation Practice– Confirmation candidates and their sponsors are required to attend this practice, on Saturday the weekend prior to Confirmation from 11am-1pm, in the event that a sponsor cannot attend, another adult should come in their place.
Confirmation– This year, the Sacrament of Confirmation will be celebrated at two Masses on Sunday in April. There will be a 12:30pm Mass and a 5:00pm Mass. Mass assignments are as follows: Last name A-L 12:30 mass; Last name M-Z 5:00 mass. Please click HERE for more details (arrival time, etc.)
*For Catholic Private School student requirements, click HERE.
During the Confirmation year, our teens are expected to:
*more information on each item is available (scroll down below Assignments)
- Attend and participate in Mass weekly (as ushers, readers, gift bearers, etc)
- Attend class weekly (with no more than 3 absences)
- Teens who attend a Catholic Private school are required to attend Sunday night class 8 times during the year
- Each absence, beyond the 3 allowed, must be made up at an approved Make Up event during the year and logged on the Make Up Form (turned in before Confirmation)
- Attend the Confirmation retreat
- The retreat takes place at St. Benedict (Taylor Lodge)- Friday 6pm-9:30pm, Saturday 9am-9:30pm, Sunday 9am-1:30pm (Parents, please join us at the 9:00am Mass on Saturday and at the 12:30pm Mass on Sunday)
- Complete all assignments
- Attend Confirmation Practice Date: Saturday, April, 2018 (exact date pending)
- Attend the Holy Sacrament of Confirmation Date: April, 2018 (exact date pending)
|10/13-10/15/2017||Confirmation Retreat (option 1)|
|11/10-11/12/2017||Confirmation Retreat (option 2)|
|2/25/2018||Turn in Confirmation Questions and Final Paper|
|3/25/2018||Turn in Service Hour Log|
|4/–/2017||Confirmation Practice (exact date is pending)|
|4/–/2017||Confirmation (exact date in April is pending)|
Confirmation Meeting– Informational meeting for Teens and Parents, 3:30pm-4:30pm, Parents meet in the PLC, Teens meet in classroom 6/8
Confirmation Retreat– All confirmation candidates are required to attend one of the confirmation retreats. NOTE: Download and turn in this form ASAP to select the retreat you prefer! (10th-retreat-code-of-conduct-and-rsvp)
Confirmation Booklet-These questions are designed to help teens review important information about the Catholic Faith and the Sacrament of Confirmation.
Writable Confirmation Questions Form. Click on the form and type your responses to all of the questions, save on your computer, print and turn in to the Youth Minister by the due date (February 25th, 2018). ANSWERS MUST BE TYPED AND HANDED IN AS A HARD COPY (you may turn in your work in the Youth Ministry mailbox in the hallway).
Final Paper– Write a 250-300 word final paper responding to the prompt below. This assignment should not be taken lightly as it is a summary of your experience and growth during your preparation for confirmation. FINAL PAPER MUST BE TYPED AND HANDED IN AS A HARD COPY (you may turn in your work in the Youth Ministry mailbox in the hallway).
- Prompt: At Baptism, based upon the promises of your parents and Godparents, you were anointed “priest, prophet and king or queen”. Research the attributes that are expected of these roles. Consider how you have applied or have failed to apply them in your life. Reflect on your good and bad choices and how they affect others. Reflect on the gifts and fruits of the Holy Spirit. Reflect upon the definition of a virtue and what it means to be virtuous. Reflect on your readiness to make a “vow”.
Service Hours–Log 10 service hours (at least 5 hours MUST be St. Benedict events; no more than 5 hours can be earned at a single event-ex: VBS week=5 hours earned), must complete and turn in the Service Hour Log Sheet. Read more about service hours here, Why do we do service Acts of Mercy?
Confirmation Practice– Confirmation candidates and their sponsors are required to attend this practice, the Saturday on the weekend prior to Confirmation from 11am-1pm, in the event that a sponsor cannot attend, another adult should come in their place.
Confirmation– This year, the Sacrament of Confirmation will be celebrated at two Masses on Sunday in April. There will be a 12:30pm Mass and a 5:00pm Mass. Mass assignments are as follows: Last name A-L 12:30 mass; Last name M-Z 5:00 mass. Please click HERE for more details (arrival time, etc.) No special requests, or preferences are being taken at this time.