Confirmation masses were held June 22, 23, 24 and 25.
The Journey leads teens right up to the Holy Sacrament of Confirmation. Our final year is different from all previous formation classes in that it is aimed at helping teens integrate all of their learning from the Journey’s two previous years into their daily life with their peers. Guest speakers and small group discussions are vital components on our Year Three program. CORE teen mentors and adult volunteers lead small group discussions and themes of weekly speakers and discussions are mandated by the sacramental prep program from the Archdiocese of Atlanta.
For 2020-2021, we moved our program online!
- Students will have both awesome virtual catechist-led lessons and independent online lessons!
- Content will be the same as if we were able to meet in person!
- Each class will access their own Google Site for all content!
- All classes will be Sundays 6:15-7:30 – see calendar below!
- Our program is designed to move back to in-person meeting when/if we can without missing a beat!
- Class Calendar
- Assignment Checklists
- Dropbox Instructions
- Forms and Links to Submit Assignments
- Additional Required Assignments for Catholic Private School Students
- Confirmation Practice and Confirmation Day Details
- VERY Important Links to Event Calendar, etc.
- Attend class weekly (with no more than 3 absences)
- Note: Teens who attend a Catholic Private school are required to attend Sunday night class 8 times during the year.
- Attend and participate in Mass weekly as ushers, readers, gift bearers, etc.
- Attend the Confirmation Retreat
- Sign up for remind to receive important notifications, announcements, links to service opportunities, etc. See instructions under remind tab.
- View orientation video-teens and parents! Find out about the entire Journey to Confirmation that your child is on!
- Complete ALL assignments (see checklists)!!
- Attend Confirmation Practice
- Attend the Holy Sacrament of Confirmation
At St. Benedict, we believe that Confirmation formation should include fellowship along with the topics required. Therefore, our students who attend Catholic Private schools are required to attend Sunday night class a minimum of 8 times during the year. Teens may choose which 8 nights they want to attend.
In addition to all of the 10th grade assignments, Catholic Private School students need to submit the Sponsor Verification Form and their Saint Report, which were completed by the other students in 9th grade. See Confirmation Checklist-10th grade (Catholic Private School) for details.
- Who can be a Sponsor for Confirmation
- Original Sponsor Verification Form is to be turned into Youth Ministry Office