Our Faith Formation classes follow Fulton County Schools. They are closed until further notice. As such, we have moved our Faith Formation classes online. Please use Google Classroom code tohuwtd to access 10th grade.
The Journey leads teens right up to the Holy Sacrament of Confirmation. Our 10th grade year is different from all previous formation classes in that it is aimed at helping teens integrate all of their learning from the Journey’s two previous years into their daily life with their peers.
On Sunday nights, all 10th graders gather in the PLC after the 5pm Teen mass to enjoy dinner together with their small group “family” and to hear one of our speakers present a relevant topic. Then the teens breakout into small groups for discussions and further learning led by our CORE teen mentors and adult volunteers. The themes of weekly speakers and discussions is mandated by the sacramental prep program from the Archdiocese of Atlanta.
- Class Calendar
- Assignment Checklists
- Dropbox Instructions
- Forms and Links to Submit Assignments
- Additional Required Assignments for Catholic Private School Students
- Confirmation Practice and Confirmation Day Details
- VERY Important Links to Event Calendar, etc.
- Attend class weekly (with no more than 3 absences)
- Note: Teens who attend a Catholic Private school are required to attend Sunday night class 8 times during the year.
- Each absence, beyond the 3 allowed, must be made up at an approved Make Up event during the year and logged on the Make Up Form (turned in before Confirmation).
- Attend and participate in Mass weekly as ushers, readers, gift bearers, etc.
- Attend the Confirmation Retreat
- The retreat takes place at St. Benedict (Taylor Lodge)- Friday 5:00pm-9:30pm, Saturday 9:00am-6:00pm, (Parents, please join us at the 5:00pm Mass on Saturday). RSVP early to get your preferred date!
- Sign up for remind to receive important notifications, announcements, links to service opportunities, etc. See instructions under remind tab.
- Parents are to participate in the 8th/9th/10th Grade Parent Meeting on September 7th. Come find out about the entire Journey to Confirmation that your child is on!
- Complete ALL assignments!!
- Attend Confirmation Practice
- Attend the Holy Sacrament of Confirmation
At St. Benedict, we believe that Confirmation formation should include fellowship along with the topics required. Therefore, our students who attend Catholic Private schools are required to attend Sunday night class a minimum of 8 times during the year. Teens may choose which 8 nights they want to attend.
In addition to all of the 10th grade assignments, Catholic Private School students need to submit the Sponsor Verification Form and their Saint Report, which were completed by the other students in 9th grade. See Confirmation Checklist-10th grade (Catholic Private School) for details.
- Who can be a Sponsor for Confirmation
- Original Sponsor Verification Form is to be turned into Youth Ministry Office