In the second year of the Journey to Confirmation, teens are guided through the second half of the award-winning Chosen curriculum (first half covered in the first year of the Journey). Chosen utilizes a powerful and effective methodology with lessons designed to capture teens’ attention and present the faith in new and unexpected ways.
Teens will also choose a Saint that has particular meaning to them. They will complete a Saint Report and the Saint’s name will become their Confirmation Name when they are confirmed next year. Teens will also choose someone to be their Confirmation Sponsor and the Sponsor will submit a complete Sponsor Verification Form.
For 2020-2021, we moved our program online!
- Students have both awesome virtual catechist-led lessons and independent online lessons!
- Content is the same as if we were able to meet in person!
- Each class accesses their own Google Site for all content!
- All classes are on Sundays 6:15-7:30 – see calendar below!
- Our program is designed to move back to in-person meeting when/if we can without missing a beat!
- Material pick up: Thursday, September 10th 5-7 pm OR Saturday, September 12th 2-5 pm.
- Class Calendar
- Assignment Checklist
- Dropbox Instructions
- Forms and Links to Submit to Dropbox
- VERY Important Links to Event Calendar, etc.
- View orientation video – students and parents! Find out about the entire Journey to Confirmation that your child is on!
- Attend class weekly (with no more than 3 absences)
- Attend Mass weekly
- Complete ALL assignments (see assignment checklist)!
- Complete the Journey Two Service Project
- Attend the Lenten Retreat
- Sign up for remind to receive important notifications, announcements, links to service opportunities, etc. See instructions under remind tab.
- Read the Faith Sharing Guide (optional)