Our Faith Formation classes follow Fulton County Schools. They are closed until further notice. As such, we have moved our Faith Formation classes online. Please use Google Classroom code pxqtgoq to access 9th grade.
Stay tuned for updates for 2020-2021!
In the second year of the Journey to Confirmation, teens are guided through the second half of the award-winning Chosen curriculum (first half covered in the first year of the Journey). Chosen utilizes a powerful and effective methodology with lessons designed to capture teens’ attention and present the faith in new and unexpected ways.
Teens will also choose a Saint that has particular meaning to them. They will complete a Saint Report and the Saint’s name will become their Confirmation Name when they are confirmed next year. Teens will also choose someone to be their Confirmation Sponsor and the Sponsor will submit a complete Sponsor Verification Form.
- Class Calendar
- Assignment Checklist
- Dropbox Instructions
- Forms and Links to Submit to Dropbox
- VERY Important Links to Event Calendar, etc.
- Attend class weekly (with no more than 3 absences) Note: Be Proactive! If you know of a conflict during the year, your child is welcomed to attend another 9th grade class within the same week; classes are offered here Sunday, Tuesday or Wednesday. (For example: your child wants to attend theater try-outs on their normal class day, no problem, just plan for him/her to attend the 9th grade faith formation class on Tuesday instead); To do this, please contact the office ahead of time so we can pre-arrange your child’s attendance with the catechist, give you the class details (where, when, etc), and have their materials ready for them.
- Attend Mass weekly
- Attend the 9th Grade Service Night in the PLC on Sunday, January 26 (takes the place of class that week- attendance is required!)
- Attend the Lenten Retreat on February 22 (2:30-6:00).
- Participate in all in-class service hour opportunities.
- Sign up for remind to receive important notifications, announcements, links to service opportunities, etc. See instructions under remind tab.
- Parents are to participate in the 8th/9th/10th Grade Parent Meeting on September 7th. Come find out about the entire Journey to Confirmation that your child is on!
- Read the Faith Sharing Guide (optional)
- Complete ALL assignments!