First Holy Communion
First Reconciliation and First Holy Communion
What an exciting time in the life for your family! We are looking forward to working together to prepare your child to receive their sacraments!
First Reconciliation and First Holy Communion are generally received in the 2nd grade. Students must have successfully completed 1st grade Faith Formation and be actively participating in 2nd grade Faith Formation. For older students, two consecutive years of Faith Formation participation is required.
In order to receive the sacraments a child is required to have had 2 consecutive years of faithful attendance (defined as not missing more than 3 classes total in one year) in the Faith Formation program.
Catholic school children, those who attend a private Catholic school, are required to receive their sacrament at their home parish. Formation classes for these children are given at school. Attendance at our 2 workshops is asked of all children. Be sure to complete a family registration form for your catholic school children (contact the Faith Formation Dept.).
Children in 3rd through 12th grade, who have not received the Sacrament of Baptism and/or Sacraments of First Reconciliation and First Holy Communion, please contact the Faith Formation Office to discuss faith formation options. These situations are discussed and evaluated on an individual basis. Call the Sacramental Coordinator at 678-992-2515.
SACRAMENTAL PREPARATION CHECK LIST
- Your family must be registered at a church in the Atlanta Archdiocese.
- Families should be practicing their faith according to the precepts of the Catholic Faith.
- Regular attendance (maximum 3 absences) in our Faith Formation classes. If the 1st year of faith formation was not at St. Benedict, we will need a record of your child successfully completing the program from your previous church.
- Please supply us with a copy of your child’s Baptismal Certificate with the full name of church and address.
- Parent(s) with their child receiving the sacrament, are asked to attend two formation workshops, one focused on Reconciliation in the fall and the other focused on First Communion in the winter.
- Students will complete all lessons in class in preparation of their sacraments.
First Holy Communion 2018-2019 Schedule:
Parents, please block the following dates on your calendar now.
First Reconciliation Workshop will be on Saturday, September 15th, 2018. Choose the morning session (9-11 am) or the afternoon session (1-3 pm) to suit your schedule. Register HERE.
First Reconciliation Sacrament– tbd (details to come home with your child after classes begin).
First Holy Communion Workshop will be on Saturday, February 2nd, 2019. Choose the morning session (9-11 am) or the afternoon session (1-3 pm) to suit your schedule. Registration will open after the Christmas break.
First Holy Communion Rehearsal will be on Thursday, May 9th, 2019. Exact times and details will be announced at the First Reconciliation Workshop.
First Holy Communion Sacrament Masses will be on Saturday, May 11th, 2019. Mass times will be assigned after the Christmas break.
Questions should be directed to our Sacramental Coordinator at 678-992-2515.