NEW FOR 2021-2022!!!
What is Life Teen?
As a Eucharist-centered movement within the Roman Catholic Church, Life Teen leads teenagers and their families into a deeper relationship with Jesus Christ and His Church. With the Blessed Virgin Mary as our intercessor and guide, Life Teen seeks to unleash the fullness of the Sacramental power present within the young Church.
Life Teen was launched in 1985 as a parish-based youth ministry in Mesa, AZ focused on the Mass and gathering teens together at a Life Night. Life Teen continues to be focused on bringing teens to Christ in the Eucharist and gathering them to be formed in the Roman Catholic faith. More than 1,800 parishes have implemented Life Teen programming around the world!
What does Life Teen look like at St. Benedict?
Our Life Teen program consists of the following components:
- Weekly participation at Mass. – St. Benedict celebrates teen liturgies at 5pm on Sundays . We’d love for our Life Teen participants to sit together up front and to volunteer to read or usher!
- Life Nights after the 5pm Sunday Mass as scheduled. This is a time for teens to hang out with other teens and to discuss the night’s topics. We start right after Mass with dinner and then we delve deeper into our Catholic faith and how it applies to real life. We’ll play games and meet in small groups. Life Nights end at 7:45 pm.
- Personal ministry between our youth minister/adult volunteers and our teens.
What happens at a Life Night?
Life Teen has developed a dynamic model to help Youth Ministers and Core members execute comprehensive Catholic youth ministry in a parish setting. Life Teen’s systematic catechetical gatherings, called Life Nights, have four distinct segments. These segments are Gather, Proclaim, Break, and Send.
These segments are derived from the flow of the Mass.
- Gather: This section of the Life Night involves an invitation to the teenagers that welcomes them to a Life Night. This can be anything from an interactive game, a chance to win a prize, a skit or a funny video clip.
- Proclaim: This section of the Life Night is devoted to the main teaching for the night.
- Break: In this section of the Life Night, teenagers are given the chance to “break open” the message of the night. Typically this takes the form of small groups.
- Send: The send portion of a Life Night is to wrap up the Life Night by giving the teens a way to take the message they learned and apply it to their lives at home.
Who can register for Life Teen at St. Benedict?
- High school students, both confirmed and not confirmed!! We welcome all high school students including those on their journey to Confirmation and those who are on their lifelong journey to a deeper relationship with Christ!
- Journey to Confirmation-Journey Two students are required to attend a minimum of 6 times.
- Journey to Confirmation-Journey Three students are required to attend a minimum of 8 times.
How can I help?
- Already confirmed high school students can apply to be a Teen Core Leader. Teen Core Leaders who will assist the Youth Ministry Team and have set responsibilities for each meeting as the heart and soul of the Life Teen Program!
- Adults who choose to respond to their baptismal call by serving young people can volunteer to be Adult Core Team Leaders. The Life Teen Program relies heavily on the time and talents of adults within the parish community, men and women who truly care about our youth, and who are selfless enough to make sacrifices that ensure that our young people come to know God through the love of Christ and the truth of the Sacraments.
- We need teens to usher and read at the 5:00 Mass on Sunday. Teens can volunteer for this at the link below regardless of if they are in Life Teen or not. Volunteer at Teen Mass
Register to Volunteer