At St. Benedict we believe that Faith Formation starts at home as a family and continues through a lifelong journey of learning. We aim to foster and support what you do at home in developing a love of Christ and His Church in your children. Our weekly classes are designed to encourage families to pray in their daily lives, evangelize through discipleship and mission, and allow us to grow together as a community. Classes are facilitated by volunteer catechists who serve our parish with a willing heart and a desire to pass their faith along to our youth.
Using a liturgically centered foundation, we seek to lead our children and their families into a deeper relationship with Jesus Christ and his Church. This learning process is a structured path to deeper meaning that is lead from life experiences, through concepts and applications that can be integrated back into life. Your child’s experience with faith formation starts at home and continues in their church community with active learning through both the liturgy and Catholic doctrine, as well as fellowship and service in their parish community.
Class times are as follows:
- Sunday classes start at 6:15pm.
8th & 9th grade exit at 7:30pm, 10th grade at 7:45pm
- Monday-Tuesday and Wednesday classes:
4-5:15pm (PK*-5th grade only) or 6-7:15pm (K-9th grade)
2016-17 Class Registration
St. Benedict Catholic Church welcomes all Catholics and those who desire to become Catholic to partake in our faith formation classes. Please be sure that you are registered at any Archdiocese of Atlanta Catholic church.
When is class? Here’s the Calendar-2016 – 2017 master calendar
2016-17 Faith Formation Fee Structure*
as of June 1st
Pre-K to 10th grade Registration Fee
|1 child||$ 135|
|2 children||$ 195|
|3+ children||$ 245|
|10th Grade Catholic High School Program Fee||Flat Rate per child||$ 75|
First Holy Communion Sacramental Program Fee (year 2 of program only):
|Non-Catholic school children (includes workbooks)||$ 60|
|Catholic school children (no workbooks)||$ 30|
Confirmation Retreat Fees:
| 9th Grade Retreat (required for all 9th grade non-Catholic school
|10th Grade Confirmation Retreat (required for all 10th gr students)||$ 125|
- Note: If you have difficulty paying the fees for Faith Formation classes, please contact Ann Shevlin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Note: Volunteers who commit to the full 24 weeks of classes will receive a 50% discount on all registration fees. Sacramental fees and retreats for children of volunteers must be paid in full.
2016/17 Registration How to…
STEP 1: Register
- Family Registration Form- Registrations are now closed. Please direct all registration inquiries to email@example.com
- For the 2016/17 school year, for ALL student in our program including private Catholic school students just wishing to receive a sacrament, will need to complete a family registration form. If you need assistance please contact the Faith Formation office. Tel 678-992-2048, or 678-992-2047, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Faith Formation Dept. Contact Info:
Office hours: Monday through Friday 9am to 4pm
If you are in need of assistance, please call the office to make an appointment, or stop by during our regular office hours.
Main RE Office: REoffice@StBenedict.net
Youth Ministry office: YMoffice@StBenedict.net
Ann Shevlin – Faith Formation Coordinator (678) 992-2047
Mary Beth McKenna – PreK-7th Administrative Assistant and 1st Communion Sacramental Coordinator (678) 992-2515
Roz Murphy – Classroom Sessions Coordinator (678) 992-2514 and (678) 992-2518 (downstairs)
Rita Anderson – Youth Minister (678) 992-2519
Pam Muller – Faith Formation Registrar 678-992-2048
Rosemarie Turner – Adult Formation Coordinator and RCIA (678) 992-2050