Click here … St. Benedict Parish Bulletins for more Parish Happenings and information.
Our Lady of Guadalupe
The feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe will be celebrated with a special Mass on Friday, December 11th at 7:00 PM. All are welcome to join in this joyous celebration to the Patron Saint of the Americas.
Join us as we journey through Advent with Key biblical witnesses to the same YES that God asks of all of us! See our Advent mission flier for more details.
- Monday, Nov. 30th @ 7:00 PM – HOPE
- Monday, Dec. 7th @ 7:00 PM – JOY
- Monday, Dec. 14th @ 7:00 PM – PEACE
- Monday, Dec. 21st @ 7:00 PM – LOVE
Join us in person or via livestream. Attendees in person must wear masks and follow standard COVID-19 Mass protocols. To join us virtually, click HERE.
St. Benedict’s A Night In Bethlehem
Saturday, December 19th 6-9 PM
Join us for a night FULL of fun for all ages! Walk the “streets of Bethlehem and experience life from Jesus’ time.
- Meet the Holy Family
- Enjoy food supplied by the Knights of Columbus
- Arts & Crafts for children
- Enjoy our Choir and DJ
Click HERE to see the flier for more details.
Attendance will be limited, register early to secure your spot at this special event at St. Benedict! Click HERE to register.
2020 remains a challenging year for most families. The need for assistance has grown tremendously and leaves many of us counting our blessings. The Giving Tree Committee along with Father Paul have decided that for this “special COVID Christmas” we would like to focus on two things:
- Supporting the children at Missionaries of Charity- (run locally by the sisters of Mother Teresa’s order).
- Supporting parishioners in need- directly and through Saint Vincent de Paul
The Giving Tree Format for 2020:
- You may adopt a child by clicking HERE. If you plan on adopting multiple children, we ask that you adopt either the entire family or a select number of children within one family. “Adopting” means providing a top, bottom, package of socks, and package of undies for that child. These donations should be placed in the bins inside the PLC. Gifts are due by Sunday, December 13th.
- Donate Walmart or Kroger gift cards of any amount. These cards will be shared with our local St Vincent de Paul. Gift cards may be dropped into the lockbox attached to the bookshelves outside the office door.
- If going out is still not something you are comfortable with doing, please send in an extra check to SVdP and put Giving Tree in the memo line, or click HERE to give online through their secure website.
Please prayerfully consider participating in this year’s special Giving Tree!
Many of St. Vincent de Paul’s clients need furniture – chairs for a simple kitchen table, a sturdy living room table, a nightstand to replace the rickety box. Individual pieces or full sets. Beds and mattresses. If you have items to donate, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will arrange for pickup.
The St. Benedict Knights of Columbus ask you to join in praying rosaries for our beloved priests and deacons throughout 2020, on their Ordination Day anniversaries. Click HERE for the schedule and sign-up for a time slot to pray for their well-being, their ministry, and their intentions!
Let’s show our clergy how many prayer warriors they have praying for them!
VIRTUS: Child Sexual Abuse Prevention Education for Adults
Who should attend VIRTUS? This program is mandatory for ALL adult (18 +) staff & volunteers who work with children, youth or vulnerable individuals, including: Vacation Bible School volunteers, mission trip participants, core teen volunteers, catechists, and other ministries. The VIRTUS Protecting God’s Children training program is open to ALL parishioners. Parents of children between birth and 17 years are encouraged to attend to gain valuable information on how to protect children. This session will help you to recognize potential victims, as well as possible abusers.
To register for a session click HERE. If you need additional information contact: Rosemarie Turner at email@example.com
Upcoming Teen Events… click HERE.
Archbishop’s 2020 Annual Appeal
To donate online click here: https://appeal.archatl.com/